Software Support Engineer/Technical Consultant
Closing date - Ongoing
|Job Title||Software Support Engineer/Technical Consultant|
|Location||Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK|
|Commencement Date||Available Immediately|
|Working Hours||Full Time on Shift Rotation|
|Starting Salary||Dependent on Work Experience|
Working with our Support team, you’ll be passionate about delivering high quality customer service with a focus on high attention to detail and hitting our SLAs. The role requires a strong team player with effective communication skills in order to follow a logical process to solve customer problems.
The role requires you to:
- Provide all level support requiring root cause analysis
- Resolve technical issues and liaise directly with customers
- Diagnose and fix critical IT issues
- Identify software issues and liaise with internal teams via fault and feature tracking
Our core applications are developed and delivered using Apache, PHP, MySQL on Linux andWindows servers.
For the right applicant, we can offer a competitive starting salary, exciting challenges, compelling rewards, excellent benefits and a great working environment, along with amazing career prospects. In addition, we will help you to achieve your goals by continuous professional development and regular career progression sessions.
- 3+ Year proven experience as a Technical Support Engineer or similar role
- Strong troubleshooting ability
- Solid experience of using Linux
- Experience of AWS or similar
- Windows server experience
- Knowledge of networking principles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focused
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Good time management skills and ability to meet targets and fulfil SLAs
Why you should join Taopix
We firmly believe that a happy team makes for a productive workplace. Our fast paced, friendly working culture is best summed up as; ‘Work hard, play hard’. We believe in rewarding our employees for the hard work and effort they put in. Some of the benefits we currently offer to our employees include:
- Develop your skills
Tailored training & development programme including extensive training on the entire applications suite.
- Taopix food club
Company subsidised food club with food cooked by our in-house Chef. Plus Tea, Coffee, drinks and fruit snacks are provided.
- Casual dress code
Casual dress code in the office.
- Taopix social club
Company subsidised social club events and biannual company events.
- Work and play
Recreational facilities and chill out zone, including pool, darts and table tennis.
- Listen to music
Pop, rock, indie, dance - listen to music while you work on the office Sonos.
- Free parking
Free parking in our own office car park.
MacBook laptop, monitors, Apple keyboard and mouse.
- Retirement Plans
Competitive retirement plans to help plan your future
Generous annual leave policy – take time off when you need it.
- Life Insurance
Ensuring your family are looked after
Annual competitions and rewards and bonuses