We have a rare and exciting vacancy in our R&D Team for a Front End Developer to join us at Taopix HQ in Ponteland, NE20 9SD.
About the role
We’re offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced, driven, and proactive Front End Developer to join our R&D team at Taopix, based at our contemporary Head Office in Ponteland.
You will be working with designers and developers to produce user interfaces and prototypes for the Taopix platform including our photobook editing software and associated admin interfaces. Most of these interfaces are built using our own Design System, which is a React/Typescript application and would be where most of your work would be focussed.
As a Front End Developer, you must be able to appreciate and deliver accurate interpretations of UX/UI design work, this can sometimes be directly from wireframes so a good eye for visual detail is crucial to ensure a high quality final product.
Requirements for the role
- Ability to develop user interfaces using modern web technologies
- A good eye for visual detail and appreciation of visual and UX design
- Experience with version control systems (Git)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to colleagues
- Good time management skills and ability to meet targets and fulfil agreements
- Willing and able to develop knowledge of the wider area of work
- Experience working with React and Typescript
- Experience using, developing, and documenting a Design System
- Experience with containerization using Docker
What you can expect from us
At Taopix, we know we can’t deliver the best without recruiting the top talent. In order to ensure that we provide the best environment for our team, goal we aim to create the ideal working environment. We will provide, support, training and time needed so that you are able to flourish in your role. We feel this is crucial to our future growth and the success of the company.
You can expect us to:
- Arrange regular meetings and update sessions
- Provide a training and personal development plan bespoke to you and your needs
- Set clear objectives, actions and KPIs and monitor these during one-to-one sessions
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our team, email your CV to Jobs@taopix.com.
Make sure that you let us know which vacancy you are applying for, as we have a couple of open positions! We’re ideally looking to appoint our new hire by the end of September, so make sure you get your application across in time!
You can download the full job specification here!