Due to company growth, we’re constantly offering exciting opportunities for driven and proactive Full Stack Web Developers to join our development team at Taopix HQ based at our Head Office in Ponteland, only 10 minutes from the A1.
The successful candidate will have good experience and skills in web technologies with a strong grasp of programming principles, a thorough, analytical approach to creating web applications and the ability to transfer those skills to whatever technology is required for the task at hand.
Responsibilities and Objectives
Working within the Development Function will see you working in an agile team consisting of designers, testers and developers. You’ll be responsible for developing and maintaining the suite of Taopix products ensuring they work seamlessly together. Working within Jira, our agile software development process is running through daily stand-ups, sprint reviews and sprint planning sessions. Have a look through the full job spec below to get a more detailed idea.
Requirements for the role
- Implement features with a good test coverage (PHP Unit)
- Experience with version control systems (Git)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to colleagues
- Good time management skills and ability to meet targets and fulfil agreements
- Willing and able to develop knowledge of the wider area of work
- Experience with Amazon AWS technologies
- Experience with optimisation techniques such as using Memcached, Redis and scaling PHP and MySQL based systems
- Experience with Linux servers
- Experience with containerization using Docker
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience using CI/CD pipelines and tooling
- Experience using Jira
What you can expect from us
At Taopix, we know we can’t deliver the best without recruiting the top talent. In order to ensure that we provide the best environment for our team, we aim to create the ideal working environment. We will provide support, training and time needed so that you are able to flourish in your role. Our core values are key to our culture and make Taopix an enjoyable place to work. We feel this is crucial to our future growth and the success of the company.
You can expect us to:
- Arrange regular meetings and update sessions
- Provide a training and personal development plan bespoke to you and your needs
- Set clear objectives, actions and KPIs and monitor these during one-to-one sessions
For more information, download the full job description here.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our team, email your CV to email@example.com. Make sure that you let us know which vacancy you are applying for, as we have a couple of open positions!