We’re offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced, driven and proactive QA Automation Engineer to join our QA team at Taopix HQ based at our Head Office in Ponteland, NE20.
About the Role
As a core member of our Agile research and development team, Taopix is looking for an individual to drive the implementation of an automated testing strategy. You will be expected to be passionate about delivering high quality software, with a focus on high attention to detail and hitting targeted release dates. Using automated, functional, regression and manual testing of the system you will confidently test and collaborate on new software features and existing defects. The role requires a strong team player with effective communication skills in order to help us to continually innovate and improve our product development pipeline.
Initially the role will involve working with the existing QA and development teams to identify key areas to introduce automated testing as well as identifying suitable testing tools and frameworks to use. The role would also involve writing and maintaining the automated tests and helping to up-skill the existing team to manage the tests ongoing, as well as helping the team run manual tests where required.
For the right applicant, we can offer a competitive starting salary, exciting challenges, compelling rewards, excellent benefits and a great working environment, along with amazing career prospects. In addition, we will help you to achieve your goals by continuous professional development and regular career progression sessions.
Responsibilities and Objectives
- Identify key areas to introduce automated tests
- Help train the existing QA team in writing and managing the automated test suite
- Collaborate with QA team members to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release / post-implementation testing
- Attend sprint planning and feature breakdown sessions
- Setup and maintain test environments on windows and linux
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Problem solving & Judgement – ensures full awareness of available facts before making decisions
- Delivers results – ensures own role continues to add value to the business
- Business awareness – understands the business needs and prioritises and constantly sees methods of ensuring delivery
- Creativity – creates an environment that encourages creativity and new practices
- Develop Self & others – recognises the need to refresh knowledge and skills to ensure they are relevant for tomorrow’s challenges
- Decision making – makes informed decisions which deal effectively with issues based on thorough analysis
- Proven experience as a QA Automation Engineer or similar role
- Experience in the setup and ongoing management of a test automation framework
- Comfortable using both automated and manual testing methods
- Experience of automated API testing
- Experience of functional, regression and manual testing
- Appropriate skills and commercial experience in a software environment
- Experience of cross browser testing on Web and mobile devices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to colleagues and train other members of the team.
- Able to deal effectively with unexpected situations, taking advantage of opportunities and overcoming problems
- Good time management skills and ability to meet targets and fulfil agreements
- A strong interest in software testing with a desire to progress and positively influence software development
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM environments and/or Waterfall
- Experience in Defect Management; JIRA
- A degree in Computer Science or a relevant numerical subject
- Experience of using Linux operating systems
- Performance/load testing experience
- Knowledge of AWS (EC2 and S3)
What you can expect from us
At Taopix, we know we can’t deliver the best without recruiting the top talent. In order to ensure that we provide the best environment for our team, we aim to create the ideal working environment. We will provide support, training and time needed so that you are able to flourish in your role. Our core values are key to our culture and make Taopix an enjoyable place to work. We feel this is crucial to our future growth and the success of the company.
You can expect us to:
- Arrange regular meetings and update sessions
- Provide a training and personal development plan bespoke to you and your needs
- Set clear objectives, actions and KPIs and monitor these during one-to-one sessions
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our team, email your CV to Jobs@taopix.com